Monday, March 19, 2012

The Beauty of Thoughtfulness

This week I made a goal to do things that would make my husband happy through his love sensors.  Although I tried and did accomplish a few tasks I think my husband's thoughtfulness takes the cake, this week.



Husband stopped by randomly at work to drop off a bouquet of roses telling me he missed me. 
~Sitting in a large room waiting for our company meeting to start, all us women and three men, were chatting about the usual.  Sometimes sharing information about who's spouse does what to fulfill their wife's need for emotional support and recognition .  In walks my husband carrying a bright bouquet of roses. The astounding "Awwwww" emanating from the onlookers was deafening for a split second.  I think Husband's original goal was to sneak in and leave unnoticed.  He delivered his package, gave me a kiss, just one, and as he was walking out a voice resounded from our audience "I'm telling Johnny about this!"


My favorite is Pad Thai and I LOVE ginger. Problem is, Husband hates ginger and he likes to make his own sauce consisting of peanut butter and balsamic vinegar.  It tastes slightly different from the restaurant Pad Thai.  Currently we have a box of rice noodles waiting to be made into Pad Thai this lent.  However we're just never in the mood for it at the same time, or more like in the same way.  So the other day, Husband surprised me with a sauce JUST for me: a combination of ginger and peanut. The excitement to try it is bubbling!

The time is wrong on the phone. I do not work that late at night.
Husband also took the time out of his busy Lenten church schedule to check up on me when I wasn't feeling well at work. 

"Love can do all things, and if it ceases to be generous and sharing it is no longer love."
-St. Gregory the Great

1 comment: