Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Artichoke

I probably should have made my first goal be: maintain a blog.  Apparently, when you start a blog you are actually supposed to make time for the Internet.  Regardless, I will persevere at my own pace... 

Approximately a year and a half ago I got married and moved from one side of the country to the other in order to start a new life.  In this "nouvelle vie" you learn things about each other that you either admire from the start or need to acquire a taste for.  And then there are the little things that make life what it is.  One of the little things that now make up my life is cloth napkins.  My introduction to cloth napkins consisted of beautifully set tables with candles and of course various elaborate napkin folds at my in-laws.  My first go at my 2012 goals and achieving napkin artistry was the ARTICHOKE.



I have to say that having a goal of napkin folding is actually helpful for those of us who are Type B personality.  I HAD to get the table set in advance in order to have napkins folded and ready in time for dinner.  Okay, if I am going to be completely honest, I did my mother's famous plan of action.  I folded a couple and then asked another person to finish the setting so I could attend to other important, time sensitive tasks.  (Side goal: manage time so that guests do not have to do work at my dinner parties.) 


Overall, success in learning napkin fold #1.
Kudos to my sister-in-law for introducing me to the Artichoke!







Next on the agenda... The Lotus!

No comments:

Post a Comment