Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Joy of a Newbie Mom Gift

I never knew what would be a good gift for someone who just had a baby until I had one myself. For those of us who are typically late, unprepared, and a little unorganized, cooking meals ahead of time for when the baby comes is way too daunting of a thought, so my suggestion... FOOD. But then not everyone has the time to cook something for a friend, especially those of us who are late, unprepared, and a little unorganized.  So my suggestion...


Edible fruit arrangements can be easily sent. Chocolate covered strawberries are the best snack for the nursing recovering mom!


~What were some of your most helpful gifts as a newbie mom?~
 

4 comments:

  1. loyalty to my place of work should have sent you to display fruit bouquets from 1800flowers.com and fannie may chocolate covered strawberries...
    http://ww11.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=91961&dataset=11621&dataset=11815&cm_cid=d11621 (your teddy bear is pretty cute, though)

    and http://ww11.1800baskets.com/template.do?id=template3&page=3000

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to be fair I put a picture up of the exact arrangement I received from my work so I did show loyalty just not to whom you wanted :)

      Delete
  2. A thoughtful friend sent us a gift card to a local butcher shop that sells the best rotisserie chicken. I've also heard that some people give gift certificates to a cleaning service. Best idea ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh those ARE good gifts!! Both would have been gratefully accepted and very helpful!!

      Delete