Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Joy of A Little Exercise

Most of us women don't have the same bodies post-baby as we did pre-baby. I am one of those women. It is what it is right now but the women around me have always stated that it is important to look good not only for yourself but for your husband too.  My husband loves me regardless, as he should, but both of us have fantasized about looking physically picturesque.  Thus far, since baby, I have been content with myself most of the time and have been telling myself that I will just eat healthy and keep active during the day.  I have felt that I have been doing this somewhat and haven't felt the need to be too excessive about working out, not that I ever have been anywhere near excessive in that department. And then I went swimming with my sister, niece, and nephews...

 You know something is off when you can no longer do a handstand in the pool.

My sister got a pretty good laugh watching my feeble attempts.  At that point I realized maybe a little scheduled exercise really wouldn't hurt.  On the flip side, apparently my cannon balls have improved by immense proportions. I believe some mention of tidal wave may have been thrown around. Hey, if you can make big things happen you should wear them with pride. This year I have the best cannon balls. Next year maybe the best handstands?


No comments:

Post a Comment