Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Joy of Infant Travel

Travelling with an infant can be quite overwhelming the first few times. The first time we spent the night away from our home what I missed most was my Boppy! Before you leave the house for a day trip or an overnight trip try to think of what makes you most comfortable in your day with nursing, entertaining, resting, etc. and don't forget it!

Our second trip required a plane ride. Flying solo with an infant... boy was I nervous! I felt pretty good until the moment my husband stepped away from us in the security line. At that moment I wanted to burst out crying but then I remembered that I'm a mom now and have to keep it together.

Some planes don't have changing tables, so be prepared to get inventive.  It was suggested to us to take the airplane blanket and put it over the toilet seat cover and do it there. Yuck. But we managed.

Things I forgot to bring on my trip that I wish I hadn't:
1. Sunblock (wish I had researched and bought some natural sunblock prior to trip).
2. Almond Glow Oil  (I really like this stuff and missed it)


Of course these things could have been purchased while visiting home (where I grew up), however, I didn't bother with stores and instead spent all my time soaking up the people I miss when I'm back home (where I live now).

~What tips do you have for travelling with an infant?~

No comments:

Post a Comment