Wednesday, May 23, 2012

L'Oiseau

Another dinner party. Another napkin fold.  This is my 2nd napkin fold that I have learned this year.  Two down, three more to go, that much closer to achieving one of my New Year's goals.  This particular napkin fold was named by some as the Bishop's Hat but I decided that was no name for a folded piece of art on the table so I have renamed it L'Oiseau meaning bird in French.  The top point of the napkin array which is folded over made me think of bird's beak.  It is supposed to be standing straight up, which does then make it look more like a bishop's hat. 
My color theme was red and yellow.  This should not come as a huge surprise because when you combine the two you get... orange!
The back of the napkin fold also looks nice.  It makes me want to put something in the middle.  And of course if we used the back of the fold as the front, we would have to come up with a new name.  The folds have a palm tree-esque feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment