Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Joy of a Trade

I made my first official trade of goods or skills. For knitted bottle covers I exchanged my painting "skills."
 
 
We chose to go with glass bottles for our little one but obviously had concerns about them breaking.  I saw cute covers online to add an extra layer in case of impact, or more like imminent impact, but every item adds up.  A co-worker of mine does amazing knitting, so I propositioned her. Love each pattern and that they're all different!

 
She is also expecting her first. She gave me a fabric swatch of her curtains in the baby room and requested elephant knobs for the dresser...



 
And I offered an additional painting...


 
 It felt pretty good actually. It made me sad that we don't trade for everything in life.  Our family could possibly starve though with me painting and my husband singing ... Regardless it was exciting.

3 comments:

  1. I love the elephant painting. What a great idea to trade like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The expectant mom actually knitted four stuffed elephants as well in the exact colors I painted. They are adorable! She is a talented knitter

      Delete
  2. You might go for another trade with her and get her to knot Nikita a cute sweater for church.:)

    ReplyDelete