Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Beauty of a Winter Mantel

 
After browsing Pinterest and looking in other people's homes, I've been collaborating this set-up in my head for a while.  I'm happy that I took the time to make this particular display become a reality. All items for the wreath and skate pieces were bought on 60% off Sale from Michaels, except for the skates, those were purchased through craigslist.  I thought it would be easy to find at least one skate for free from someone, but the task was a little harder than expected. However, I still got a good deal.

 

 
I would have preferred to use more large sized pine cones, but seeing as I do not have them, I will just have to remember to collect them when I see them on my next hike/walk.
 

1 comment:

  1. wow I am impressed, very creative and beautiful! Love the skates.

    ReplyDelete